DAY 2: UMUSIC X JUNOSPosted on April 1, 2017
After the first, and fabulous, day of JUNOS weekend, we knew Day 2 would deliver! Before leaving our hotel this morning, we got decked out in our Lululemon clothing and joined their refreshing yoga class. Some others, brave souls, took to the cold outdoors for a 5 and 10k run. They’re the real winners!
Fully refreshed, we headed to JUNO Fan Fare to watch fans meet some of their fave artists. Here’s a little peak:
After JUNO Fan Fare, we played a quick round of games & got a quick round of Steam Whistle beers in the Universal Music House – game room!! We’re kinda obsessed with the fact that it’s open 24/7.
We then jazzed up our outfits and headed straight for the JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards. This is where all of the JUNOS that you don’t see awarded on Sunday, are given away! So many of our artists took home so many great awards:
– Single of the Year: “Spirits” by The Strumbellas
– Breakthrough Group of the Year: The Dirty Nil
– Alternative Album of the Year: “Touch” by July Talk
– Adult Alternative Album of the Year: “Secret Path” by Gord Downie
– Classical Album of the Year: “L’Aiglon” by Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal, Kent Nagano
– Rap Recording of the Year: “Hotel Paranoia” by Jazz Cartier
– Rock Album of the Year: “Man Machine Poem” by The Tragically Hip
– R&B/Soul Recording of the Year: “Starboy” by The Weeknd
– Dance Recording of the Year: “Off the Ground ft. Shae Jacobs” by Bit Funk
– Recording Engineer of the Year: Jason Dufour (July Talk)
– Recording Package of the Year:
Jonathan Shedletzsky, Isis Essery, Jeff Lemaire (SECRET PATH – Gord Downie)
– Video of the Year: “Kill v Maim” by Claire Boucher, GRIMES
– Adult Contemporary Album of the Year: “Wonderland” by Sarah McLachlan Here are pictures of winners The Strumbellas and The Dirty Nill. We have a feeling they were excited 🙂
Have you ever wondered what a JUNO award actually feels like? You can now ask Jazz Cartier:
Congratulations to all of our winners! A reminder, before show day tomorrow – to check out our Bravado Canada merch giveaway on Twitter. We’re giving away a Shawn Mendes t-shirt. All info in this tweet:
Join us on Twitter tomorrow night at 6:30pm to see what goes down on the 2017 JUNO Awards. Oh – and we’re giving away prizes all night long. Make sure to tweet using #umusicJUNOs!