6 Times Lorde Truly Inspired UsPosted on April 28, 2017
In our humblest opinion, Lorde is totally SMASHING it in her return to the music scene. First, girlfriend totally KILLS her performance on Saturday Night Live. And then THIS performance at Coachella?
Yeah, that was her first performance in 3 years, NBD. Here are 6 other times that Lorde blew our minds and gave us serious inspo feels.
1. She was 16 when she started her career in this industry.
2. Lorde writes and composes all of her own music with Joel Little.
3. Royals became an international crossover hit and made Lorde the youngest solo artist to achieve a number-one single in the US on the Billboard Hot 100 since 1987!
4. Her HAIR!! SO LUSH.
5. She not only curated the musical accompaniment to The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 movie, but also wrote and performed an original song called “Yellow Flicker Beat”!
6. Lorde credits the driving force behind her music to color synesthesia.
Also known as chromesthesia, the sound-to-color synesthesia that Lorde has means that for some of the sounds she hears, she connects them to corresponding colours. In an interview with The New York Times, she says that her goal is to correct the colours and sharpen the contours until the precise configuration of chords, rhythms, emotions and textures she has been glimpsing all along snaps into focus. She adds that “it’s about getting the actual thing to sound like what I’ve been seeing.” Can you agree or can you agree?! Tell us how she’s inspired YOU by giving us a tweet @umusic. Keep the inspiration flowing by listening to her huge hit, “Green Light” below.