It’s not news that Sam Smith has the voice of an angel. The London-born crooner is well known for his vocal range and soulful tone, which are well-suited to his emotional songs.
Here are just a few of the times Sam’s live vocals had us in our feelings.
1. His performance of “Lay Me Down” at the Apollo Theater
Nailing that high note, which is hard to do unless you’re Sam Smith. Believe us, we’ve tried.
2. His performance of “Pray” at the O2 in London
Sam shows off his vocal range with this performance, and the choral elements of the song really allow for his voice to shine live.
3. His Carpool Karaoke with James Corden
The hilarious segment features James Cordon’s added harmonies to Sam’s gorgeous voice, as well as an impromptu singalong with Fifth Harmony. Fun Fact: Sam loves a good girl band just as much as the next person.
4. His performance of “Too Good At Goodbyes” At the Brit Awards 2018
Not only is this performance flawless, but Sam is clearly having the time of his life up on stage.
5. The time he made a surprise appearance at wedding to perform “Latch”
As if we couldn’t love him any more, Sam surprised a wedding party by showing up to perform “Latch” for a newly married couple. The moment was touching and Sam sounded amazing.
What’s your favourite Sam Smith performance? Let us know on Twitter! @umusic