Since the inaugural ceremony in 1994, the MTV European Music Awards have had their share of buzz worthy moments. With this year’s award show set to take place this weekend, we figured we’d go through the archives and take a quick look at some of the EMA’S most memorable moments…
1) Katy Perry hosted/performed at the 2008 EMA’s in Liverpool which featured impressive total of 12 outfit changes along with a performance of her hit single I Kissed A Girl while riding a giant cherry chapstick.
2) Shawn Mendes accepting the award for “Best Artist” in 2017.
3) Anyone remember the Spice Girls ? The British pop group walked away with two awards for “Best Pop Act” and “Best Group” at the 1998 awards.
4) With all eyes on Rihanna, it really felt like she was the “Only Girl In The World” during her 2010 performance.
5) Kanye’s “Imma let you finish” debacle at the 2009 VMA’s will forever live in infamy, but this isn’t Ye’s first time interrupting an acceptance speech. In 2006, Kanye got involved when French band Justice won the award for “Best video”:
6) Taylor dressed as a circus ringleader during her 2012 performance of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together:
7) Alessia Cara KILLED it last year with her performance of Trust My Lonely:
8) Bieber won big at the 2015 EMAs, pulling in a total of 6 awards for Best Male, and Best Canadian Act just to name a couple. Not bad, right ? He also put on a performance…with a broken ear drum:
9) Last year, Janet Jackson was honoured with the Global Icon award at the EMAs where she performed a 3 song medley that focused on her collaboration with Daddy Yankee:
10) Halsey is set to perform at this year’s EMA’s in Seville. Do you think she can top last year’s performance of Without you ? :