JON PARDI ANNOUNCES THE DELUXE VERSION OF HIS CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED ALBUM HEARTACHE MEDICATION DUE OUT ON OCTOBER 2
18 SEPTEMBER 2020 (TORONTO, ON) - Platinum-selling triple threat Jon Pardi is announcing the release of Heartache Medication (Deluxe Version), due out on October 2nd. Heartache Medication (Deluxe Version) is the extended version of Pardi’s critically-acclaimed album Heartache Medication,” which debuted among the top albums on Billboard’s Country Albums chart and garnered the “hero in the making” (Variety) a double nomination as both artist and producer for ACM’s Album of the Year category and a nod for CMA’s Album of the Year. Oct. 2nd is the one year anniversary since Pardi, for the first time, headlined back-to-back nights of the Ryman Auditorium during his album release week for Heartache Medication, and it’s also the night he got engaged.
Pardi delivers the Deluxe Version with his previously released 14 tracks, plus three new bonus tracks including “Bar Downtown,” “Beer Light,” and a new version of his current hit single “Ain’t Always The Cowboy” (Western Version). Fans can pre-save Heartache Medication (Deluxe Version), here: https://strm.to/JPHeartacheMedicationDeluxe. The pre-order will be available on Sept. 18th. *View the full tracklisting below.
With the release of his highly-lauded album Heartache Medication, Pardi doubled-down and “…cut a path through modern country by stubbornly sticking to fiddles, steel guitar, and dive-bar jukebox energy” (The New York Times). Critics hailed his blend of “honky-tonkin’, boot-stompin’ tracks about whiskey, women and song” (The New York Times), naming him the only country artist/album represented in The Los Angeles Times “Best Albums of the Year” list (#4) and called him an artist that “…proves that Country music is still thrillingly alive” (Rolling Stone). Critics continue to laud his impressive “state-of-the-art blend of traditional instrumentation and progressive grooves that points to country’s future” (Rolling Stone), saying;
“Like a nicely aged Tennessee Whiskey, Pardi’s music is strong stuff.” –Associated Press
“A hero in the making” –Variety
“the kind of country music multiple generations came to know, and love can still work on a mass scale” –Variety
“Jon Pardi brings Authenticity back into country music.” –People
“Jon Pardi’s hyperactive honky-tonk brings the past into the present.” -NPR
“Pardi continues to apply new ideas to country’s old sounds” –Los Angeles Times
“ Pardi…deserves credit for combining throwback twang with modern production techniques in a way that appeals to country music fans of all ages and listening preferences.” –Wide Open Country
Paving his way as an all-encompassing producer, singer and songwriter – Pardi co-wrote “Beer Light” and co-produced the three additional tracks with longtime collaborators Bart Butler and Ryan Gore.
The ACM/CMA winning artist recently became the first country artist to have two #1 singles on Country Radio in 2020. Heartache Medication (Deluxe Version) follows the release of “Ain’t Always The Cowboy” (Western Version) and Pardi’s RANCHO FIESTA SESSIONS– an eight-song album that features a combination of songs Pardi is both inspired by, and loves to perform-and his ACM/CMA nominated album, HEARTACHE MEDICATION. For more information visit www.jonpardi.com.
Heartache Medication (Deluxe Version) - Tracklist:
- Old Hat (Jeff Hyde, Matt Jenkins and Ryan Tyndell)
- Heartache Medication (Jon Pardi, Barry Dean and Natalie Hemby)
- Nobody Leaves A Girl Like That (Bart Butler, Marv Green and Jimmy Yeary)
- Ain’t Always The Cowboy (Brandon Kinney and Josh Thompson)
- Me And Jack (Jon Pardi, Rhett Akins, Bart Butler and Luke Laird)
- Don’t Blame It On Whiskey (Featuring Lauren Alaina) (Eric Church, Michael Heeney, Luke Laird and Miranda Lambert)
- Tied One On (Bart Butler, Chase McGill and Jamie Paulin)
- Oughta Know That (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Luke Laird)
- Tequila Little Time (Jon Pardi, Rhett Akins and Luke Laird)
- Buy That Man A Beer (Clint Daniels, Justin Lantz and John Pierce)
- Call Me Country (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Driver Williams)
- Just Like Old Times (Jon Pardi, Jeff Hyde and Michael Heeney)
- Love Her Like She’s Leaving (Bart Butler, Dean Dillon and Jessie Jo Dillon)
- Starlight (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Jeffrey Steele)
- Bar Downtown (Josh Osborne, Josh Thompson, Matt Dragstrem)
- Beer Light (Jon Pardi, Brice Long, Jeff Hyde)
- Ain’t Always The Cowboy (Western Version) (Brandon Kinney and Josh Thompson)
Follow Jon Pardi: