serena ryder announces west coast headlining tour in support of utopiaPosted on December 5, 2017
For immediate release
Serena Ryder Announces West Coast Headlining Tour in Support of Utopia
Latest Single, “Ice Age”, Available Now
05 December 2017 (Toronto, ON) – Today, multi-platinum songstress Serena Ryder announces the West Coast leg of her headlining tour in support of her latest album, Utopia, released this past May via Serenader Source/Universal Music Canada, the country’s leading music company. Beginning in February, the 12-date tour will stop in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg with one Ontario date in Thunder Bay to end the tour. Tickets and VIP ticket bundles go on sale Friday, December 8 and can be purchased here.
After debuting at #1, Utopia has seen the release of the smash singles “Got Your Number” and “Electric Love” (both of which went Top 10 at radio) with her latest single, “Ice Age” hitting radio last month. Written about emotional triumph, the song was inspired by “how freeing it is to really come out the other side of a broken heart and a broken mind with the realization that the only thing that is broken are the words themselves that we choose to define ourselves and our situation by,” says Ryder. “They can be so confining and can even ruin the beautiful complexity of things that should be felt. This is a song about breaking free from the icy chains of the past and thawing into an epic new shiny relationship with life.”
The video for “Ice Age” – which premiered on ET Canada alongside an exclusive Behind The Scenes on-set feature interview – was inspired by the documentary Alive Inside and the healing power of music. Watch the official music video HERE.
During the past month, Serena has been busy performing alongside her friend Shawn Hook with whom she collaborated on their new holiday song, a cover of John Lennon’s “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)”. The Canadian superstars have performed at premiere events including CTV’s The Original Santa Claus Parade and CBC Toronto’s Sounds Of The Season as well as on national radio and television shows such as CBC Radio 2: The Strombo Show, and CTV’s The Marilyn Denis Show.
This weekend, Serena begins the December leg of her Utopia headlining tour – over half of which is already sold out. Before her Ottawa show on December 17, she will be performing the Canadian National Anthem at the 2017 Scotiabank NHL100 Classic which will be broadcast live on Hockey Night in Canada, TVA Sports in Canada, and NBCSN in the U.S. on December 16. After wrapping her Ontario dates with two all ages shows at the Danforth Music Hall on December 21 and 22, Serena will be hitting the West Coast for her run of shows in February. See the full list of tour dates below.
Follow Serena Ryder
Canadian Tour Dates
- Dec 10 – North Bay, ON @ Capitol Theatre
- Dec 12 – London, ON @ London Music Hall
- Dec 13 – Parry Sound, ON @ Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts – SOLD OUT
- Dec 14 – Burlington, ON @ Burlington Performing Arts Centre – SOLD OUT
- Dec 15 – Peterborough, ON @ Showplace Performing Arts Centre – SOLD OUT
- Dec 17 – Ottawa, ON @ Centrepointe Theatre – SOLD OUT
- Dec 18 – Belleville, ON @ The Empire Theatre – SOLD OUT
- Dec 21 – Toronto, ON @ Danforth Music Hall
- Dec 22 – Toronto, ON @ Danforth Music Hall
- Feb 13 Vancouver, BC @ Vogue Theatre
- Feb 14 Campbell River, BC @ Tidemark Theatre
- Feb 15 Courtenay, BC @ Sid Williams Theatre
- Feb 16 Victoria, BC @ Capitol Ballroom
- Feb 18 Calgary, AB @ Jack Singer Concert Hall
- Feb 19 Grande Prairie, AB @ Better Than Freds
- Feb 21 Edmonton, AB @ Francis Winspear Centre for Music
- Feb 22 Lloydminster, AB @ Vic Juba
- Feb 23 Medicine Hat, AB @ Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre
- Feb 24 Saskatoon, SK @ 3rd Ave United Church
- Feb 26 Winnipeg, MB @ Burton Cummings Theatre
- Feb 27 Thunder Bay, ON @ Thunder Bay Community Auditorium