In celebration of the new Ghostbusters movie and the 5SOS track “Girls Talk Boys” that’s on the soundtrack, we’ve rounded up the 10 most haunted places in Canada for you to visit! Some of them are super interesting, and some of them are just scary! Check out our list below of places you have to visit…or you know, stay away from:
- The Keg Mansion, Toronto, ON: The Keg Mansion is one of the restaurants in this steakhouse franchise, but is the only one that’s haunted. Rumor has it that the maid of the family, the Massey’s, hung herself in 1915. Many guests have claimed to have seen the ghost of this maid, or have had their cutlery move and elevate. So come on in and enjoy some great steak, with a side of spook!
- The Old Spaghetti Factory, Vancouver, B.C.: This restaurant was built on top of an old underground railway track, and is said to be haunted by the host of an deceased train conductor!
- Hockey Hall Of Fame, Toronto, ON: This spot for hockey lovers actually used to be a Bank of Montreal, where a teller named Dorothea shot herself, and he ghost was recently spotted by an attendee of the Hall of Fame.
- Plains of Abraham, Quebec City: This old battlefield is haunted by the ghosts of soldiers who passed during the battle for control of New France. Many people have stated seeing the ghosts when they visit at night time!
- Fort Garry Hotel, Winnipeg: Guests of this beautiful hotel have reported seeing ghosts in the hallways and other strange activities, especially on the second floor, where reportedly a woman was murdered a long time ago in room 202. If you’re visiting Winnipeg, try staying at this interesting hotel!
- Bytown Museum, Ottawa, ON: This museum built in 1827 is said to have ghosts of men haunting the building, and deep voices are reported to have been heard by guests. Not to mention is just looks totally creepy all together!!
- Gibraltar Point Lighthouse, Toronto, ON: It is said that the lighthouse keeper was murdered in 1815, and his ghost haunts the place. A scary lighthouse haunted by a murdered ghost? That’s the stuff of scary movies!!
- The Screaming Tunnel, Niagara Falls, ON.: This passageway in Niagara has many stories behind it, one stating that a little girl was killed in the tunnel, another stating that a deranged wife would let out her frustrated screams inside the tunnel. Either way, it has been said that if you go in the tunnel at night time, you can hear screams of the ghost that haunts it. Let us know what happens if you decide to visit…
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel, Victoria, B.C: It’s been said that the ghost of an old lady haunts the sixth floor, and she even asks guests if she can help them find their way! Do you dare to book a room on the sixth floor?
- Ottawa Jail Hostel, ON.: This may be the scariest of them all; this hostel was a jail for over a century where many executions occurred, and the ghosts have been spotted at the foot of guest’s bed while they’re sleeping!
There you are, our top 10 most haunted places in Canada! If you love a good spook make sure to check them out. If you’re not one for scary though, enjoy this Ghostbusters trailer for a good laugh 🙂