We couldn’t be more proud to say that Drake‘s sophomore album, Take Care, came out exactly 5 years ago today, which only leads us to further reflect on how the time flies REAL fast. The album gave Drake his first and only Grammy (so far) while it gave us iconic tracks such as “Headlines,” “Crew Love,” “Take Care, “Marvins Room,” “Lord Knows,” “HYFR,” and “The Motto.” We tried really hard not to write the entire album track list right there. In celebration of this monumental accomplishment, we thought it would be fun to give you 5 reasons as to why you should also be celebrating the 5 year anniversary.
1. As already mentioned, Take Care brought Drake a more-than-deserving Grammy Award for Best Rap Album in 2013.
Drizzy placing himself in the history books.
2. Drake gave us features from Lil Wayne, The Weeknd, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Kendrick Lamar, and even Andre 3000.
Maybe the most appropriate time to use the phrase #SquadGoals
3. The album art alone tells it’s own story.
In his own words, Drizzy tells us that the artwork is all about, “that kid that’s just somehow gone from his mom’s basement in Toronto to becoming a king.”
4. Take Care is the perfect combination of R&B and grit throughout it’s entirety.
He’s got us crying during “Marvins Room”, and jumpin’ off the walls during “Underground Kings”
5. He gave the world “YOLO” because of this!
And it really is the motto.
We can’t wait to see what you can accomplish in the next 5 years Drake! Now what are you waiting for. Listen to Take Care in full right here and let us know your favourite track in the comments below!