Enter for a chance to WIN a PAIR OF TICKETS TO THE POST MALONE CONCERT AT SCOTIABANK ARENA IN TORNOTO
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (excl. QUEBEC) ONLY, 19+.
1. Sponsor: The POST MALONE TWELVE CARAT TOOTHACHE TICKET CONTEST (“Contest”) is sponsored by Universal Music Canada Inc., 80 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 101, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6K 1X9 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules and will be deemed to have read and understood these Official Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to abide by and be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of the Prize, including without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
2. Contest Period: This Contest begins at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 7, 2022 and ends at 5:00:01 PM ET on September 18, 2022 ET (“Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of, and physically located within Canada (excluding Quebec) (the “Territory”) who are nineteen (19) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, local and municipal laws and regulations. Excluded from eligibility are the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, its respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other parties engaged in the development, production, distribution or administration of the Contest and the Prize(s), or those living in the same household as any of the above.
4. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and email address required. To obtain one (1) entry, during the Contest Period, entrants can enter the Contest in one (1) of two (2) ways:
(a) Click the “Enter To Win” button on competition.umusic.com/twelve-carat-tour and fill out your name, email address, city of residence and confirm that you are nineteen (19) years of age or older (“Website Entry”); OR
(b) Write a one hundred fifty (150) word essay detailing why you should win the Contest, including your first name, last name, email address and province or territory of residence, and send it by email to email@example.com (“Essay Entry”)
Any individual entrant found to be using multiple email accounts or identities, to enter this Contest will be ineligible to win. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Official Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning the Prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Contest Rules are void. Entrants or their parents or legal guardians, as applicable, grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants, as defined below. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. Contest Prize: There will be a total of one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won by one (1) winner. The Prize consists of a pair of tickets to the Post Malone “Twelve Carat Toothache” concert at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario on September 20, 2022.
Approximate retail value of the Prize is: THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-SEVEN DOLLARS ($387.00 CDN). The Prize as described is subject to availability, may not be exchanged for cash, is non-transferable, non-refundable, may not be sold, and must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions. The winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of the Prize. At their election, and in the event the Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded as described in these Official Contest Rules, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater retail value. Sponsor will not be responsible if weather conditions or other factors beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control prevent the Prize or part of the Prize from being fulfilled. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. Any other costs or expenses associated with the Prize not specified herein will be the responsibility of the selected winner.
6. Winner Selection, Skill-Testing Question & Confirmation: On or about September 19, 2022, the Sponsor, located at the Universal Music Canada Inc. offices at 80 Atlantic Avenue Suite 101, Toronto, Ontario M6K 1X9 (or virtually), will make a random draw for the Prize from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the end of the Contest Period.
An email prize notification will be sent to the potential winner within twenty-four (24) hours after the random drawing is conducted. The contact information provided at the time of entry will be used to notify the winner. The winner will be required to respond to the prize notification within twenty-four (24) hours of notification deployment in order to receive any required documents, if applicable, including the Sponsor’s Release Form which must be signed and returned to Sponsor or its designated agent within twenty-four (24) hours of notification deployment. Return of any prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach selected entrant or failure of selected entrant to respond to notification within twenty-four (24) hours, failure to provide proof of eligibility or identity, release documents including the Release Form, or other required documentation in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or other non-compliance with these Official Contest Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the Prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, random selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited Prize in accordance with these Official Contest Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to require proof of identity, to demonstrate Contest eligibility, and disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest and/or Sponsor’s websites or social media accounts, violates the Official Contest Rules, is ineligible or fails to provide proof of identity, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address as provided by the entrant to the Sponsor, will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an access provider, service provider, or other person or organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the account associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All decisions of the Sponsor or its designee are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
7. Right to Void/Terminate/Suspend/Modify: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend or amend/modify this Contest or these Official Contest Rules, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation, for any reason whatsoever. (Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Contest Rules; and/or (c) award the Prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
8. Release and Indemnification: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT FULLY RELEASES, DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS THE SPONSORTWITTER, FACEBOOK, ITS AND THEIR AGENCIES, PARENT, RELATED AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SUCCESSORS, SPONSORS, PARTNERS, LICENSEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, ARTISTS, ADVISORS, ASSIGNEES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ADMINISTRATION, DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, EXECUTION OR FULFILMENT OF THE CONTEST (“CONTEST ENTITIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL MANNER OF ACTION, CAUSE OF ACTION, CLAIM OR DEMAND, LOSS OR INJURY, OR ANY SUIT, DEBT, COVENANT, CONTRACT INCLUDING LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES, WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM (I) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; (II) ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OR OTHER PROBLEMS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATING TO NETWORKS OR LINES, COMPUTER SYSTEMS, SERVERS, ACCESS PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, (III) THE FAILURE OF ANY ENTRY TO BE RECEIVED; (IV) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVEICE RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICPATION IN THE CONTEST; AND (V) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest Entities shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by Contest website users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; (c) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (d) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (e) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (f) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (g) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from the Contest Entities or Sponsor for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (h) damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Contest or in connection with the Contest website; (i) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; (j) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein; (k) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize, and the use of entries by Sponsor; or (l) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. No responsibility will be taken by the Sponsor for lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or email acknowledgements.
9. Use of Personal Information: By entering this Contest voluntarily providing your personal information, entrants consent and agree to the Sponsors’ and its authorized agents’: collection, use and disclosure of the entrant’s personal information for the administration of this Contest and agree to Sponsors’ use of entrant information for the purpose of contacting entrant in relation to this Contest. Information may include (but is not limited to) name, email, telephone number, town or city, province or territory of residence, postal code or mailing address.
11. Governing Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
12. General: All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with selected entrant(s). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that Sponsor has not made, with respect to its products/services provided as a prize or part thereof (if applicable), any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Winning the Prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. Mass entries, automated entries, entries submitted by third parties, and any entries or prize claims that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. Decisions of Sponsor and/or any independent Contest judging organization will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Contest Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Contest Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document or communication referenced above, the winner may be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her Prize, or the cash value thereof. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
©Universal Music Canada Inc. 2022. All Rights Reserved.