COI LERAY PROVES GIRLS IS “PLAYERS” TOO ON NEW SINGLE OUT NOW
30 NOVEMBER 2022 (TORONTO, ON) - Today, multi-platinum superstar Coi Leray unleashes a new single entitled “Players” via Uptown Records/Republic Records/Universal Music Canada, the country’s leading music company. Listen to “Players”—HERE.
Over a sample of “The Message” by Grandmaster Flash & Furious Five, she rips through one bold and braggadocious bar after another, exuding confidence and charisma. It pops off with the instantly unshakable hook as she proves, “‘Cause girls is players too.” She teased a snippet on TikTok, and it instantly attracted over 5 million views and counting.
“Players” lands in the wake of “Fly Sh!t,” which has already raked in over 8 million cumulative streams. Right out of the gate, Our Generation Music noted, “At this point, it feels like every track Leray previews seems to immediately blow up across social media. If she keeps pumping out addictive tracks like ‘Fly Sh!t,’ her fan base is bound to grow as she does as an artist.” Meanwhile, Rap Radar summed the track up best, “It’s going down.”
Everything just paves the way for more music from Coi Leray soon.
Adding model to her resume, Coi Leray has stepped into the forefront as an editorial powerhouse. i-D Magazine put their lens on the photogenic star for the The Royalty Issue of the Winter Magazine and stated, “she’s ready to make an indelible mark on the culture and become a household name.” Elsewhere V Magazine included her in their Winter issue in an interview with the legendary Angie Martinez titled, “Caught up in the rapture of Coi Leray.”
This year, Coi has come into her own as one of the most exciting live performers of her era. She recently ignited the stages at Houston Pride, WOO HAH! X Rolling Loud, Longitude Festival, and Rolling Loud Portugal, to name a few. She was recently announced on the lineup for Rolling Loud California taking over Inglewood in March 2023. Coi Leray recently released her highly anticipated debut album, TRENDSETTER which received critical acclaim. Listen to TRENDSETTER—HERE.
Coi Leray Highlights:
- “No More Parties” RIAA 2X platinum-certified
- “Big PURR(Prrdd)” Pooh Shiesty RIAA gold-certified
- “TWINNEM” 6+ million video creates + 19 billion views + 100 million global streams.
- “Blick Blick” with Nicki Minaj peaked #1 on Apple iTunes in 16 countries
- “Blick Blick” with Nicki Minaj debuted #1 on Billboard’s Digital Song Sales Chart
- “Blick Blick” with Nicki Minaj debuted on Top 10 TikTok US Top Tracks chart
- “Blick Blick” with Nicki Minaj is Coi’s second Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 Hit and Highest Debuting Career Single
- TRENDSETTER is the biggest first week for a debut album by a female Hip-Hop artist in the U.S. this year
- Approaching 3 BILLION global streams and counting
- XXL’s highly coveted 2021 Freshman Class cover
- 2021 Late-night television debut on NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Nominated for “Favorite Female Hip-Hop Artist” 2021 American Music Awards
- Nominated for “Best Female Hip-Hop Artist” & “Best New Artist” 2021 BET Awards
- Nominated for “Female Rapper of the Year” & “Best New Artist of the Year” 2022 XXL Awards
- Nominated for “Best New Hip-Hop Artist of the Year” & “TikTok Bop of the Year” 2022 iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Rolling Stone’s “Breakthrough 25,” Billboard’s “Emerging Artists,” iHeartRadio’s “On The Verge,” and YouTube’s “Artist On The Rise”
- Face of SKIMS “Cozy Collection” by Kim Kardashian West.
- Completed the sold-out "Back Outside Tour" with Lil Baby and Lil Durk
Follow Coi Leray: